Saturday, July 10, 2010

Time For More Candids

It's that time again. Time for more Edward randomness. Hope you enjoy.

Warning: I know there are some of you out there that fear certain creatures, such as wh*les. This post contains a reptile, albeit a cute one, I want to let you know in case it may frighten you.

Edward was fortunate enough to be able to meet an iguana one day. This iguana's name was Ziggy. Edward thought he was pretty cool. Here they are sharing some kind of look.

Then they posed for a photo.

In case you were wondering, Edward did not find the cold blooded creature tempting at all.

On the 4th of July, I went to my brother's house for some burgers and such. It was going to be the first time my almost 3 year old nephew was going to be using sparklers, so I thought that this could also be the first time Edward uses sparklers. Edward's eyes widened in fear when he heard the thought. "Um, love, you do understand that involves fire, right?" Needless to say, he was nervous. I assured Edward that it really isn't fire, just sparks and that he should be fine. He eventually agreed to try, although I think it was because Edward didn't want to look like a wimp in front of my brother.

As you can see, Edward is holding the sparkler in trepidation. And he doesn't seem so fond of the lighter being held over his head that way. "Are you sure about this?!"
"Edward, you'll be fine. In fact, it won't even harm your pea coat!"
After the sparkler was lit, Edward seemed fascinated by the sparks flying everywhere.

"Oh, it's pretty." Edward started to feel more comfortable.


After not being harmed by the sparkly toy, Edward was then excited for the next one. He had a lot more fun with the second one.

"Wahoo!! Look at me. I'm celebrating Independence!" Good job Edward.

There was a pretty interesting time one day at work when I was going to order Chinese food. I was getting ready to leave and needed to call in the order so it would be ready on my way home. Seeing that I was busy with work related things, the Edwards decided to call in my order.
"Um, so what does she usually order?"
"The chicken."
"Dude, there is like twenty different kinds of chicken here."
"Uh, the uh, one with the army guy, I think."
"Uhhhhh.....army guy? Oh, wait, the General Tso's?"
"Yeah! That's it!"
Edward called the restaurant.
"Hi, I'd like to place an order for take out. I want two orders of General Tso's chicken. One spicy and one mild and both with chicken fried rice. And can you make sure the chicken is actually chicken, I can't have my human eating cute fuzzy pets or road kill...... I don't think that is an inappropriate request..... You and I both know that the chicken actually being chicken is rare from some restaurants, I'm only taking proper precautions. .........Why are you screaming at me? .........I know what you are saying, I speak Cantonese and that is not very professional language. Hello? Hello, are you there? He hung up on me!" Thirty minutes later my husband and I were eating pizza for dinner.

After EC arrived here I did take him to work with me and Edward. He was pretty underwhelmed at my job and found it pretty boring. He was finding the most mundane things to pass the time. Here he is making foot prints on post it notes. I told you it was mundane.

"I hope this doesn't ruin my shoes."

When Edward saw how desperate EC was for amusement, he decided to intervene and show him some fun that could be had at the bank.

"Dude! You totally have to try this!"

"WAHOO!!!" EC liked it. So the boys rode the drive thru tube until the mechanism broke. Again. But our tubes break every week, so it really wasn't a big deal.


Yesterday I finally got my new glasses. One of the only good things about my job is the generous vision benefits so I got to get myself a nice pair of Coach glasses. I let Edward have a look at them.

"You got Coach? Very nice. And they have a bit of bling on the sides." You know Edward is all about designers and trends. After inspecting the pretty purple spectacles, Edward decided to entertain me. I must be honest, I love it when he gets a bit silly.

"I thought glasses were supposed to help you see better, but I can't see a damn thing! You better take these back."
"Hey, do these make me look smart?"
"Far from it, Edward."
"LOL!"
"Did you just say LOL? That's really only for typing. If you find something funny, you can just literally laugh out loud."
"Your mom can laugh out loud."
Edward is really getting into the your mom jokes. I hope he doesn't over use it and ruin it for me.
Then Edward thought someone else should model the glasses. This I was greatly amused at!

Then Edward took great interest in the glasses case, trying to claim it for himself.

"Can I have this? I always wanted a designer coffin."
"Edward, you don't even sleep in a coffin. You don't even sleep."
"I can pretend! Now is there anyway to make this more comfortable?"
"As a matter of fact it did come with a matching blanket."
"Ooo, gimme!"
"There, how is that?"
"Perfect. Now go grab a book and read me a story."
"Alright."
So I went upstairs and got a book and returned to Edward.
"Okay, Edward are you ready?"
"Yes, love."
"Here we go." I dramatically clear my throat. "I'd never given much thought to how I would die.."
"NOOOOO!!!"
I love teasing Edward.

12 comments:

Mrs. P @ TwiBite said...

Oh god...the ink pad. LMAO! And the sparkler...I was seriously terrified for him!!!

Dangrdafne said...

I know this blog is all about Edward BUT that picture of your dog, Derek, with your glasses on and his tongue hanging out and him looking directly into the camera is the most awesome picture!!! I LOVE IT!!! I am going to cut and paste it onto my computer. He looks sooooooo cute.

And the iguana looking at the camera with Edward is perfect.

I am glad Edward enjoyed the sparklers in the end, I was a little scared for him though. Also glad that Eclipse Edward enjoyed the bank ride ;) How do you not get in trouble for those pictures??? LOL

Nice glasses too :)

Living with Edward said...

@Mrs.P: My nephew was so funny when he saw Edward with the sparklers. He kept saying, "He's doing it." because he was a bit afraid himself at holding the sparkler. It was pretty cute.

@Dangrdafne: I could not resist posting that pic of Derek. I thought it was way too cute not to share. And my work is so used to seeing me take pictures of Edward now. I get away with a lot.

Musing Bella said...

LMAO at this post! OME - the first pic, with the iguana giving Edward the old side-eye cracked me up. And your dog with the glasses on!! This was so funny! You crack me up.

Toefunny said...

LWE...you've made me cry with laughter. The Iguana pics and OMG the sparklers....damn...that is some funny, funny stuff!

TongueTwied said...

NO WAY with the sparklers! I feared for his plastic life! Is he flame twitardent or something?

Very funny post, as always. The coffin had me rolling.

btw: your glasses are cute. Does your mom like your new glasses? It's just a question.

Dangrdafne said...

My hubby was worried Edward's hair product would ignite with the sparklers LOL!!

Living with Edward said...

@Musing Bella & Toefunny: It was so funny to watch the iguana eye up Edward,he actually looked a bit cautious of him at times. It was hilarious.

@Tongue Twied: Flame twitardent. LOLOL And my mom hasn't seen my glasses yet. She will on the 22nd, then I'll let you know what she thinks.

@Dangrdafne: Oh my god, that is sooo funny. I didn't even think of that. I better not let Edward know how reckless I was.

Mary said...

Brilliantly funny again.
It took me a long time to get over here but i'm soooo glad I did :)

xxx

Jayla said...

@LwE- your pom is too cute. LOL the drive thru tube- wow. the goodnight story- brillant!

@Lisa LOL- are you okay.. LWE did type wh*les... hee-hee-hee

Jayla said...

@LwE- your pom is too cute. LOL the drive thru tube- wow. the goodnight story- brillant!

@Lisa LOL- are you okay.. LWE did type wh*les... hee-hee-hee

17foreverlisa said...

Thanks for the disclaimer AND for typing "that" word correctly ;) (Yes, Jayla, I'm okay. Thanks for asking. LOL!)

Holy hell, girly, there were so many things in this post that had me cracking up. The way the iguana was looking at Edward; Edward saying, "I speak Cantonese..."; Edward saying LOL! and telling a "your mom" joke; Derek wearing your new glasses. Jeez. I loved everything about this post, as usual.

Lisa